Tuesday, October 18, 2011

careful For Picking Films:Mahie Gill

Mahie Gill had started off quite well with DEV D and GULAAL but of late had pretty much disappeared from the arena, save for a NOT A LOVE STORY and now SAHEB BIWI AUR GANGSTER. One wonders what really was she waiting for that made her go so slow.
"I wasn't going slow. On the contrary I have been working in quite a few films. Today I have four more films lined up for release. Having said that, there was a time period immediately after DEV D when I was being quite careful about picking up my next lot of films. I am an outsider in the industry and didn't know what sort of films to do and what not to do. Even though there were dozens of scripts lined up for me to go through, I wasn't intelligent enough to point at anything in particular and decide things on my own. I chose to wait for the entire set up to be in place before I became a part of it," details Mahie.
One hopes she doesn't have much grudge today. After all, there are films like PAAN SINGH TOMAR with Irfan Khan, MICHAEL with Naseeruddin Shah and BUDHHA IN THE TRAFFIC JAM with Anupam Kher/Arunoday Singh lined up for her before the first half of 2012 is through.
"Well, I just hope that people like these films and they do well," she sighs, "I had great hopes from GULAAL as well and was very sad when it didn't work. Whoever saw the film liked it but then not many stepped into theatres. Same was the case with UTT PATAANG as well. The journey isn't over after you have done a film; you have to keep your fingers crossed and pray to God that your film is promoted, released and accepted well too."
We hope that your prayers are answered Mahie when your SAHEB BIWI AUR GANGSTER releases all over this Friday and indeed turns out to be a good success.